BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

3 months old

So yesterday on the 15th my little man Papoosie turned 3 months old! He's been growing so fast and I just can't keep up with these updates!
He has been so happy this week. Except for one day where he wouldn't stop crying because of the heat, he's been such an angel. It's been so hot everyday here and we haven't had running water for 4 days (everyday grandma and grandpa haul 8L bottles of water up 3 flights of stairs to fill up the huge buckets in our house. It would be so stressful for all of us if baby would cry more but between his rinse offs (he gets at least 2 or 3 a day) he seems to be handling the heat very well. So far no heat rash even under his neck and underarms where he's got the most chub. I am so jealous he gets to cool off in his baby tub every 2-3 hours ... and I WANT A TUB too! Oh well ... I've been learning to take my showers the old bucket way ... and I have learned to wash with just 8L of water ... YAY me! Unless of course I have to wash my hair and then another 8L gets added ... cause my hair is like LOOONNGGG ...
He sleeps very well at night now, with just one feeding. He can go 5-6 hours without waking during the night now! Last night for the first time he rolled over in his sleep. I mentioned in my 12 week post how I have been doing rolling exercises with him ... and somehow last night he rolled onto his back! I went to check on him because I heard him whining a little ... and he was WIDE awake on his back! The next morning I asked Ardit and M-I-L if they had turned him in the middle of the night but it turns out he had done it all on his own! I'm so proud of my boy and how fast he's growing! It's still a mystery to me though, because during the day during tummy time he will show NO signs of even wanting or trying to turn over. He will cry and get bored after awhile, but he doesn't try to turn over. So I'm wondering how it happened so out of the blue. Oh well.
We took him for his 3 month checkup (no vaccines this time cause it's just too hot. If there are a few days in a row where the weather is cool he'll get his vaccines done then) and here are his measurements:
Weight: 5.4 kg.
Length: 57 cm
Head circumference: 38 cm.

He's grown 10 cm since birth, 5 cm in head circumference, and gained 2.9 kg. So it's not just me saying it ... it's really TRUE! He's got SUCH long arms and legs ... like THIS ...

Here are some photos I took of him on his special day.

Woke up so happy, cause he's a big boy now!

Not too sure about my singing ...

'Mom ... do you HAVE to sing happy birthday to me in THREE languages?'

Cheesy grin ... he's got the same lines under his eyes as Daddy ...

'It's time to party y'all!!!'

hmmmmmmm .... nope ... dunno what was happening here ...
In the afternoon we took him out to meet godfather and godmother and got a present! (Which we'll show in another post).
All in all it was a full day and I'm just so happy he's growing up so well.
Mama loves you, my little boy!
xoxo

1 reactions:

Anonymous said...

Aw thats so cute and sweet. I can't believe you had to do that with your water... I would die.
I like that last picture of daddy and baby. :-)
-merch