BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 17, 2011

9 weeks

So since I had a little time I thought to write up about his 9 weeks. I figure when I can, and when there are things to say, I will try to write weekly updates ... especially in the beginning when he's changing so much all the time.
This week he changed schedules. I think it had something to do with me being sick and daddy taking care of him at night instead of mommy. Now around 5 or 6 in the morning I will get up and switch with papa and take the baby. Daddy goes to bed, and baby wakes up around this time. He stays up for 4-5 hours. We eat, get a rinse-off, have play time, maybe a short walk around the neighborhood, and have our exercise time (his, not mine). Around 10 he'll start getting sleepy but he doesn't sleep all morning. He will sleep for 5-15 minutes, then wake up crying. He does this every hour. He gets his first good nap in the afternoon anywhere from 2-4. (Good nap meaning sleeping at least 30 minutes)
This week he said 'ma'. I KNEW he was gonna say mama first! It was just a random sound for him but up until now he has just been crying without any sounds like waaaaa or ba or da or whatever. So this is the first time he's done it and Papa was there too so we both had a laugh cause it's been a little bit of a bet between us which one he will say first. Looks like Mama is winning! And it's great seeing how he is starting to use his tongue to make sounds ... smacking sounds (not just with his lips, anymore!) etc.
He had a rough night last night ... kept daddy up pretty much the entire night. Seems like the cold I had went to Grandma and maybe rubbed off a little on him. He had a slight fever all night last night and all day today. We're picking up some fever med just in case tonight it gets worse. Poor baby.
I've gotta say thank you to Ardit for being such a trooper this past week while I have been sick. He's stayed with the baby during the night and taken such good care of him. Thanks babe! Ur the best!
This week we stopped giving baby the boob and put him back on bottles. It was half/half starting week 6/7 but this week we totally stopped. He seems to be better and keeping a better eating schedule and it's easier to feed him this way. The only mendokusai thing is that after feeding him I can't go straight to bed I gotta pump ... which adds 30 minutes onto the routine. Which is tiring at night. But you gotta do what you gotta do. If we go out I will still nurse him but if we're at home it's all bottles. Now he drinks 100-110 ml every 3 hours.
He is growing super much and I can't do the football hold with him anymore cause he's too big. He's also outgrowing his first set of clothes! Kyaaa ... gotta get onto buying him his winter clothes!

Here's a picture I took on June 1st. SO adorable when he sleeps!

2 reactions:

Pirates' Mama said...

Awww, I couldn't help but comment on the picture of him sleeping. He seems so peaceful and his hair looks so light.
He will probably keep changing schedules often until he's 3-4 months old, then his naps will get longer, I promise!! I put L in his crib at around 5.5 months because his room was sooo cold in the winter, but he took to it well. More power to you for getting him used to the crib at an early stage. Also consistency is key - this is what my boss told me and at first i thought 'pffffffttt' he screams his head off how can I be consistent with him, but whenever he was calm we'd do the same things over and over: play his mobile in the morning even though he didn't seem to care much for it, sing songs, lullabies, or whatever, and now he falls asleep by just turning on his mobile and of course, bottle in his mouth (not what they recommend, but that's how he soothes himself).

Fyrefly said...

Thanks again for commenting!
Yes, when he's awake I really try to do his exercises, play with mobile, some black and white flashcards, etc.

Do you have any pictures of your baby?