BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 3, 2012

Poor baby

Papoosie's been sick since Wednesday morning. He started throwing up all his food. I changed his clothes first in the morning after he threw up his milk, then mid morning when he threw up his veggies, then again after lunch when he did this huge poop bomb. Around lunch he also got a temperature. And it stayed at 38.5 ish for 2 days no matter what we gave him ... Daleron, Paracetamol, etc. The first day he wanted to eat, so I tried giving him a little yogurt, a little milk, and water ... but he would throw it up right away so I just tried to keep giving him water and some tea to keep him hydrated. Poor baby just wanted me to hold him and just stuck to me all day. I was also alone most of these 2 days because Como-kun's grandfather had just passed so they were all out for the funeral and receptions of friends and family. So baby was a little Koala and stuck to me all day, and Little Boss must have felt the weight because he kicked a whole bunch. Thankfully I don't think it can be felt so much on the outside yet ... so I don't think Papoosie noticed it.

2nd day he didn't throw up anymore but he had real bad poop bombs and he didn't feel like eating anything. So I just kept giving him water and tried juice and tea too. In the afternoon his fever spiked and it his 39.5. Was a little freaky but then one of his medicines (either the Daleron, or the Ibuprofen or the Paracetamol) kicked in and his fever went down. He also ate a bit of yogurt.
Also this week I've been getting headaches to the point that I've been taking paracetamol every day ... I know it can't be good for Little Boss but right now I don't have the luxury of lying down to sleep it off because Como-kun and the parents are gone to take care of the grandfather's funeral business, and baby is so sick that he doesn't take proper naps but is really fitful and restless and only wants to be held even when sleeping. Once things settle down a bit I will rest and try to stop the pain reliever taking. Apparently this pregnancy I have anemia so maybe the headaches have something to do with that? Any thoughts on this ... or natural relievers, remedies, etc?

Papoosie did so much better today. No poop bombs, no fever. Still not eating well but he doesn't refuse the fluids which is nice. He's been fart-bombing all day ... and whoa gosh ... lethal. But so glad he's doing better. I was able to sleep with him this morning and my headache wasn't too bad.
Aside from colds and coughs this is the first time he's gotten sick like this with a fever. Before he would only get a slight temperature because of his teething, or from his shots, so I was a little worried but so glad that he's pulled through and seems to be doing so much better already.

1 reactions:

Meg said...

Poor thing! Its so rough when babys are sick.