BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

10 friggin months old!!!!

kyaaaaaaaaa~~~~

Can't believe it! 10 months old and in 2 months he's gonna be a whole year old!
It makes me so proud and yet so nostalgic at the same time ... lucky for me I'm gonna have another baby so I won't miss his baby stage too much ...
Before I forget here are his measurements:

Weight: 8.3 kg (only small weight gain attributed to his being sick for so long and rejecting food)
Height: 72.5 cm (compared to his usual 0.5 cm growth in the past few months, this month he grew 1.5 cm!)
Head circumference: 42.5 (I think ... I forgot and I can't look at his book cause it's in the car)

He is 'catching up' to the average size so the doctor is quite pleased.

He spent 2 weeks of this past month being sick (poor baby) so he hasn't had a lot of time to learn new things ... but he is just generally growing and getting smarter doing little things here and there to just make us so happy and proud.
He has started 'walking' by holding onto things ... learning to re position himself and shift his weight to get different places.
2 more teeth are starting to come out on the upper side ... they started right around the time he was sick so it was like a double whammy and my poor love had a hard time coping. Also they didn't come out one at a time like they have been so far but came out simultaneously so that seems to be hard for him too.
Grandma has been gone a lot taking care of great-Grandma since great-Grandpa passed away, so it seems Papoosie has forgotten her a little. Also coupled with him being sick and just generally being sticky to mom more ... it makes her sad. He's totally fine if she keeps him while I take a nap, or something ... but if I am in the same room he will try to come to me, and now that he has 'please' mastered we can't really say no if he's asking so nicely.
I've been trying to introduce him to the next stage of eating ... self feeding!!!! I steamed some carrots, we got some non-salted cheese, I tried bananas, etc ... I put them on a plate and try to get him used to feeding himself. I wrote about this before, but even with his toys, he really prefers his forefinger and will only use that one finger to pick up toys, etc. So he does the same thing with these foods ... so obviously he has a hard time picking them up. Then he gets frustrated and just starts playing with the plate which leads to all the food ending up on the floor. hehehehe ... but when he does get some food in his hands it goes properly to his mouth. He also started spitting out foods he doesn't like. Before he used to eat anything (pretty much) ... but now if he doesn't like the taste he will spit it out. He doesn't like bananas anymore ... or if we give him some of our food sometimes such as pasta, he will suck all the meat/sauce and spit out the pasta part. I just hope he doesn't start spitting out his veggies ... up until now he's been so good with the veggies.
Sleeping is still rough ... still wakes up many times throughout the night to be held ... if we don't pick him up he will crawl to where were are and sprawl himself out on top of one of us. I'm trying not to pick him up so we'll see how he does. At least he doesn't drink in the middle of the night. He goes the whole night without drinking and will take his bottle in the very early morning after waking up.
Well I don't know what else ... I've been a lot more tired these days (I started my 3rd trimester YAY!) ... I take naps 1 out of 3 days and for like 2 hours. (TG for Grandma! hehhehe)
Anyways, my baby is just growing and growing (along with Little Boss, of course).
I don't know how it's possible but I love him more and more everyday! How does the heart not burst with all this mushy mushy-ness???
Hehehe ... I will post photos soon ...

3 reactions:

Seiko Hashimoto said...

According to all the pictures he looks totally average size!! If he were in Japan the doctors would probably say he were too big! LOL! I had that with my kids, here they are BIG but when i looked up on an america web about weight/height, they were usually average or under.. lol!

MC said...

He's such a cutie! My little guy doesn't like bananas either....baby bananas he likes, but not the 'normal' ones. It seems to have something to do with how his tongue feels after it, because he keeps taking his tongue out, haha.
Aiden is getting big! What % is he in for weight?
Did you guys find out if Little Boss is a boy or a girl?

Fyrefly said...

Well he's finally catching up with his size and weight ... but he's still only in like the 15th percentile ...yeah ... that was our excuse every time the doc told us he was small. That he was Japanese! hehe

Mersida Little Boss is a BOY!