BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 7, 2011

hrm

Posted this on my blog already but since it sort of had to do with baby I decided it couldn't hurt to post here toooooo .....


I get paid online.

Usually we live on Como-kun's salary and save mine for buying things online, or saving up. Recently most of Como-kun's jobs have been for big malls where they don't get the pay for 2 months so I withdrew a big chunk of my money for our daily spending needs. Thing is it's supposed to take up to 5 days to appear in the bank account. So our little cash bundle kept getting smaller and smaller and then the baby's formula ran out.
But the money hadn't arrived yet.
Of course 2000 yen is not a HUGE deal ... we probably could've borrowed it from mom-in-law or something ... but it was ... kind of a sinking feeling ...
Just that day I had checked my Japanese bank account and found the Japanese government had deposited the baby's birth money in! The full 420,000 yen! Whoo oohoooooo!!!
And we were expecting the big chunk to come from paypal anyday ...
So we were by no means poor or it wasn't our 'last 10 cents' or anything ... but it was ... just a sinking feeling THATS ALL!!!!!
It was more dramatic to me cause duh I'm pregnant and one morning there was no more formula and no more money to buy it and I could've cried!
I can't even feed my own baby anymore WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Well yes ... eventually I remembered that I had stashed away some baby money in some random place and it turned out to be just the amount I needed for the formula ... whew.

So all is well that ends well. Just another OMG! moment in the life of an emotional pregnant woman.

2 reactions:

MC said...

Congrats! When are you due? Happy & healthy pregnancy.

Fyrefly said...

Thank you ... I'm due at the end of May ... but I'm hoping the doc will deliver mid-May instead ...