BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

7 months old

My darling baby is 7 months today!!! And 'technically' I'm 12 weeks! PROGRESS!!!!!!
Somewhere along the line I miscounted the weeks ... so starting this month I am gonna stop doing the weekly updates ... been sick too often and it just doesn't make sense anymore.

Measurements-wise he's below average for his age. I chalk it up to him being a preemie and continue with my assertion that he is PERFECT!!!!
Weight: 7 kg
Height: 67 cm
Head circumference: 42 cm

Still no sign of the little teethies ... doctor says the gums are abnormally hard so its contributing to the no-show.
Suddenly seems to be growing up so fast! Little things he suddenly started doing that are just so adorable and cute ... like sitting on his own like a pro to play or watch videos, using his fingers to twist objects (namely his pacifier) to fit his mouth better ... or for better grip, throwing objects and then 'looking' for them, etc. He also has gotten so much more expressive with his face and voice ... is able to reach when he wants to be picked up, arch when he wants to be put down ... lean towards the person if he wants to go to them, or refuse by turning toward the person holding him and burying his face in their neck. He also cries or yells when he's frustrated, 'babbles' when he's happy ... etc. He's been such a joy to be around even though I can't pick him up so much.
Of course along with 'growing up' he has learned some naughty tricks ... he doesn't like being put down on his mat, or on the couch alone to play ... so he cries and cries for no reason until you pick him up and find something new for him to play with. And recently he's really learned to yell oh my gosh ... SO LOUD! I usually give him a little swat on the leg if he's throwing a fit and kicking is feet ... thankfully he doesn't do it too often ... but he's a smart baby so I gotta watch out as he goes along. I also feel a little bad that I can't pick him up and play with him as much as I would like because of my sickness ... sometimes I have to just dump him on the bed for a few minutes as I make a run for the bathroom and I can hear him screaming but I can't go back to him until the queasiness subsides or everything comes out ... those times I feel really guilty but what can I do ... he seems to understand because when I come back and pick him up he perks up right away and we get back to playing or whatever.
Grandma is the hero ... in the afternoon when my sickness gets real bad she takes the baby and he just loves being with her! Sometimes even in the middle of the night when he has a hard time sleeping she will come and he will end up sleeping the rest of the night with her! I would probably die if she wasn't around to help with the baby!
Grandpa is also starting to come around more often! Now that the baby is more attentive and responsive (and easier to hold) grandpa feels more comfortable around the baby and playing games and entertaining. Baby doesn't get AS excited to see grandpa as he does with grandma ... but it's still cute to see him sharing a smile with grandpa.
AAAAAAnyway ... he's just growing up so fast! And I can't WAIT to get over this darned sickness!!!!!

Here are some pics from today ...







And we ordered him a johnny jumper because the exer saucer we have for him bounces but doesn't really give him the full range of motion that the jumper would've ... and it arrived just in time for his 7 months!
We put him in to try it out and he LOVED IT!!!!





And in this one we are using the jumper as a swing ... :D:D

2 reactions:

Feli said...

What a cutie pie! He's getting SO big. Oh and major Congrats on the pregnancy!!

Enilda said...

He is so cute Jewel, I am happy for you! he is becoming more handsome each day, hope he is in good health too. Kisses